Finding balance between what the heart wants and what the mind needs is such a difficult task. Deciding which one to follow, without feeling like you’re neglecting the other is tough. In the Bible, Jeremiah states that the heart is deceitful, and I can agree with this. It is quite difficult to function from the guidance of the heart alone…
Confusion comes from a misalignment of the mind and heart, sometimes even the body. When those things aren’t aligned well, they will begin to conflict and the parts that keep the wheels turning, start to rust and things start to go haywire from there.
Conflict of the heart and mind will make you incapable of making decisions, create frustration and tension, and most likely have you lashing out. Conflict of the mind and heart have taken a toll on me and it is causing me to be counterproductive, disorganized, and stressed. I don’t need that kind of energy…
What do we do when this happens?
- pray or meditate (whichever works best for you).
- try to write down those feelings and thoughts, sometimes you just need to see it written, it may help guide you.
- seek the advice of people who are rooting for your greatness.
- try to live out loud.. live your life as much as you can and not allow it to hinder your health, because stress can take a big toll on you.
- learn the languages of your heart, mind, and body… Try to understand when they’re telling you something; your instincts will not misguide you.
Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV)
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Love & Light, xoxo